Who’s it for?
EXETER – British Academy of Floral Art, 3 Dunchideock Barton, EX2 9UA
BRISTOL – Country Baskets, Avonmouth, BS11 9DJ
What will I learn?
How’s it structured?
The Academy Level 2 course is divided into four principal units/modules, each designed to give you an in-depth knowledge of all practical floristry designs:
Hand-tied and gift-wrapping
You can choose to study one day per week, one weekend per month or a week at a time. You will be awarded a Certificate of Completion for each unit/module you study.
To fully qualify for the Academy of Floral Art Master Training Programme Level 2 in Floristry you will need to study at least 3 of the above 4 options plus both of the following units/modules:
Heart of Design – design principles
Mock & Exam
Who are my academy level 2 tutors?
You will be in very good hands with our friendly team of Academy tutors . We are all highly qualified florists and tutors with considerable real, commercial floristry experience – and we are absolutely passionate about what we do.
The tutors teaching the Academy Level 2 course this year are: Kathryn Delve – Bristol and Amanda Randell- Exeter (see “about us” page for profiles).
What does it cost?
You only need to pay for each unit individually and full payment for the module is required 14 days before the course starts.
For the full Level 2 qualification, you must choose to study at least 3 of the 4 options below, plus the heart of design and exam:
- Arrangement £797
- Wedding Unit £797
- Hand-tied and Gift Wrapping £797
- Funeral Unit £797
- Heart of design unit (12 GLH) £247.50
- Mock and Exam unit (6GLH) £150
- Floristry Business Module (12 GLH) £245.00
Flowers and sundries are not included in the fees but we can give you a list so you can source your own, or to enjoy the class with-out any hassle we can can provide a flower, foliage and sundry package which means you just need to turn up to the class with scissors and lunch (see this link form more details and prices).
Practical Units/Modules – 60 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) per module. The complete part-time level two is 196 GLH, over 3 to 12 months, including 3 practical modules, heart of design and exam. Total cost £2788 plus flowers.
Our six-week fast track course cost £5100 and includes all six units: Wedding, Funeral, Arrangement, Hand-tied, Heart of Design, Business, Exam and one year professional floristry membership. Plus all flower, foliage’s and sundries.
When can i start?
Thanks to the modular nature of our Level 2 course, you don’t have to wait for the traditional academic year to get started. Instead, you can enroll at the beginning of one of our 3 terms – Spring, Summer or Autumn. All we need is a deposit of £150.
Floristry Arrangement Unit£797.00
Floristry Wedding/Bridal Unit£797.00
Floristry Hand Tied Unit£797.00
Floristry Funeral Unit£797.00
Flower Cutting Garden Course£767.00
Fast Track 6 week Floristry Course£4,250.00
Heart of Floral Design Unit£247.50
Academy guide on starting a Floristry Business£245.00
Floristry Exam Unit£150.00
If you need help in finding accommodation and transport or have any questions just give us a call on 01392 834893.
To book on a course:
1. Check the start date of the module or course delivery you prefer (weekends/ weekly/week)- see above start dates.
2. Click the module box above which will give you course dates and course content and booking page.
3. Click Book Now Button and this will provide you with a selection of start dates; make sure it is the venue and delivery you want.
4. Sign into the website when booking, and this will allow you to pay by card at a future date, £150 deposit will secure your place, and full payment is due 14 days before course starts (see terms and conditions).
5. You will receive confirmation of booking and an email from us over the next few days with lots of useful information.
6. Welcome to the Academy and your floral journey.